Monday, December 12, 2011

Welcome to My Studio

Hello ... my name is Rhonda ... and I am a "yarn-a-holic."


Now that that admission is out of the way, let us proceed with joy and abandon into the world of YARN!


I've got a general blog, a quilt blog, and have toyed around with some other blogs (and let them go), but I needed a place to share and express things that have to do specifically with YARN. This includes the yarn itself, knitting and crocheting. And whatever else might wander along.


For a first post, I'll share where I'm at today. I'm a pretty simple, straightforward knitter. The most complicated thing I've done so far is a basket-weave dishcloth. It turned out fine, but my brain power is at an all-time low, so I'm keeping it simple until I can "get with it" again. It's either straight knitting or maybe knit-and-purl for now.


I like to always have a little dishcloth going, just for something to sit and do and not really think too much. I enjoy the cotton yarns I get at Wallyworld, and have skeins and scraps on hand. So I'm trying to use that up. The most recent has been this bright lemon-lime yarn. Finished it today.



I LOVE those little wooden needles. I got them at Wallyworld too, quite awhile back. They're short, smooth, natural and lightweight. I love using them with the cotton yarn.


Here's my basket of cotton yarns, all in a hodge-podge. I'm organized in a disorganized way. Stuff everywhere, but when I need something, I know right where it's at. :)



Bright cotton yarns make me think of summer. But you know, when the grass outside is like this ...



... and the trees and sky look like this ...



... it's nice to have color ...



... color ...



... and more color! Like I said, I'm a yarn-a-holic. I think it's "worse" than the quilting and material hobby I also enjoy.



So, now I'll start another little dishcloth. Rose and white will be cheerful to work with. Here it is cast on ...



... and a few rows of rose to start. ha ha



So I'll go knit some more and make these gray days a little more colorful.

No comments:

Post a Comment