Monday, December 19, 2011

Finished Projects, New Projects

Got a few things finished, and have started some others. I'm embarrassed at how many things I get going at once - sewing, quilting, knitting, crocheting ... it's a madhouse. A gleefully FUN madhouse.


Another cotton dishcloth got finished. Trying to use up all my cotton yarn, and these dishcloths will go to a relief sale next fall, if all goes according to plan.




The crocheted, colorful tweed-yarn scarf. These work up really fast! I'm kind of addicted to them right now.




Using the leftover tweed yarn to make headband/ear-warmers to match the two scarves. Not sure they'll turn out like I want, but we'll see. I like that "infinity" pattern where you just go 'round and 'round the edge.




Now, this next project contains three new things for me. It's an "infinity" scarf, with a full twist in it instead of just half. New things: One, thinner, sparkly yarn. I love the pink color. Two, my first time to make something on circular needles. That casting on and doing the first row was a challenge, but now it seems to be sailing along pretty smoothly. Third, at the time of this picture, I JUST GOT DONE with my first try at the Yarn Over stitch. So far so good, and I'm starting to get the hang of it. I love the "lacy" look it gives. Can I get this done in time to wear on Sunday? Heh, I love a good challenge.

No comments:

Post a Comment