Saturday, December 17, 2011

"Tweed" Scarves

Wallyworld is (to me) a little limited on its selection of yarns, but hey, it's all I've got up to this point, so I do the best I can. (Unless I can get to the big city sometime, to a serious hobby store, where they just might have a better selection.) Here awhile back, I got into the "homespun" yarn pretty hard, now I'm enjoying this "tweed" variety.


First, in the tweed kind, I got this warm, vibrant red color. It's variegated with various kinds of red, and I used the pattern on the back of the label for an easy crocheted scarf. I've used a V-stitch pattern before to make stuff, and this is basically that, with the spaces being a tad bigger by one stitch. It worked up quick and I like the texture that the open pattern gives.




It's warm and cozy and cheerful and vibrant all at the same time. I wore it the other night, and had dangly earrings on, and it looked great. Well, in the course of the evening, Younger Son was yanking on my scarf trying to get my attention, and when I got home later, I was missing an earring. That's the second time I've had a problem with a dangly earring catching on a scarf and coming out! So I'm going to have to watch that.




I'm enjoying the knitting right now, but sometimes I like crochet as a change of pace, especially something that works up quickly and looks good. So with that in mind, the other day I picked up a couple of skeins of the tweed yarn in a different color combo, and am working on another scarf in the same pattern. I'm dreaming of this scarf, with these colors, going with denim in some awesome way. I love seeing how variegated colors work out in a project, so away I go on this second scarf, very happily!

No comments:

Post a Comment