Tuesday, October 15, 2013

Finished Mitts, Frogged Mitt

I made some "fingerless mitts/wrist warmers" lately. The first pair, I used some "super saver" camoflauge yarn I had on hand. I used ribbing, garter stitch and ribbing, with a slight increase at one point in the side to maybe give a more fitted feel, I guess it turned out OK. Not totally thrilled, but it does seem to fit better. I may have to play around with that feature. Also, perhaps make the top section of ribbing a little narrower.


The second set I made are of some thrift store "super saver" yarn, and the label said "Ranch Red." Well, since I love ranch-y stuff, that was fun. They are more straight-sided, with ribbing, garter stitch and ribbing. Again, may have to make that top section of ribbing a little narrower.


The third kind that I have started to work on are made with a "smaller" yarn (Lion Brand "Amazing," which I love) on smaller needles, so I tried to figure out how many stitches, gauge, etc., and plowed through to the end of one of the mitts. (Did ribbing, stockinette stitch, and garter stitch.) Well, when I got done and wrapped it around my hand and arm to see how it was going to fit width-wise, it was TOO BIG. Not a whole lot, but enough to be too much even by my standards of liking things a little on the loose side. So ... with a mostly-wool yarn that has a good amound of "fuzz" to it, I am frogging it (ripping it apart), and will REDO THE WHOLE THING with less stitches per row, I think I have it figured out, and see if it'll work better. I sure hope it does, because I love the color, the yarn, and the fact that they'll be longer. If I can just be patient and slow and careful with that fuzzy yarn that doesn't want to come apart too well!

No comments:

Post a Comment