Saturday, February 9, 2013

Baby Booties

In January, a local, weekly "handwork" session started meeting at the library. It's for learning knitting and/or crocheting or whatever, for just sitting and working on projects, or even just dropping in and enjoying a visit. Most ladies are learning to knit. It's been a blast, and I look forward to it every week. One thing I'm wanting to learn is how to knit a sock. I am working on that, and I'll make another post soon. But in the meanwhile, I've perhaps taken a "baby step" (appropriate term!) towards knitting footwear. At one of our meetings, we all got a pattern to make "easy baby booties." So I gave it a whirl, and I'm addicted! According to the number of stitches and rows, there are five different sizes you can make. Here are two sets of the "preemie" size ... I nearly fainted from cuteness when they were done. They are easy and fun, and can be used for gifts or donations. Be ready to go "Awwww!!!"



No comments:

Post a Comment