Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Variety

Without saying how many projects I have in the works right now, I thought it would be interesting to show three projects, each having a completely different yarn. In this first photo, left to right, are a sock, a pillow front, and a baby blanket.



This is the sock, which uses "sock yarn," which is very thin. I feel like I'm knitting with thread.



For the pillow, it uses a more "regular" yarn. I LOVE knitting with this half-wool-half-acrylic yarn on bamboo needles.



Then, I just started this baby blanket. It calls for a VERY PLUSH "chenille" yarn. It was very laborious to knit at first, even with it being very soft. But now that I've done more on it, it's getting easier. It will sure be nice for a baby to lay on!



Here are the three yarns side-by-side, for comparison.

No comments:

Post a Comment