Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Flying by the Seat of My Pants

I'm the type of person who likes directions and a pattern that tells me exactly what to do by steps.

Here awhile back, I came across a "wrap" knitting stitch on YouTube that gives a long, stringy effect. The more wraps you take, the longer the stitch "strings." I thought it looked like fun.

So ... though I tend to like to stick to rules and patterns and directions, I'm knitting a "decorative scarf" using this long stitch. I'm not using a pattern. I'm pretty much free-wheeling it ... unfamiliar territory for me! But I'm sticking with just a basic knit stitch plus the "wrap" stitch. So far, I like it, and it's turning out exactly as I pictured it. No pattern, I just knit however many rows, then make a long stitch row with whatever length seems good. It's supposed to be kind of haphazard-looking, in an organized way. Woo-hoo!



No comments:

Post a Comment