Monday, January 2, 2012

Adding to the Stash

To some, it may appear that knitters/crocheters in some cases may be a little bit obsessive. I know I am - it's as if my fingers and my brain MUST be making all this stuff. One obsession that may stand on its own is the simple obsession with YARN. It's just as bad as having "inumerable" projects going at the same time. You see neat yarn, and you HAVE TO HAVE IT. "It'll be perfect for such-and-such a project," you tell yourself. So you buy it and add it to the variety of yarn already in the house.


I've been having a blast making simple, cotton dishcloths for the relief sale next fall. It's a nice way to have something quick and simple to pick up and knit on, without having to think too much. OF COURSE, as I use up my current stash of cotton yarn making these, I need to replace that yarn so I can go on and make more. So .... I got a few skeins of yarn at wallyworld the other day. Some nice yarn for a couple of scarves (also for the sale), and some new colors of the cotton yarn.



Needless to say, I've been happily knitting and adding to the pile. This is all so colorful and cheerful to look at when it's drab and wintery outside! I intend to have a HUGE pile of these to send when it's time. These are a lot of fun to make.

No comments:

Post a Comment